Minnesota State University Moorhead will host Global Innovation: Business in China and Latin America Wednesday, April 8 on the MSUM campus. The event provides an opportunity to learn from academics and area professionals in the field about business opportunities around the world.
Schedule of events
Noon to 1:15 p.m., Center for Business Room 109/111
Panel discussion with visiting Chinese Professors Dr. Qi Chen and Dr. Lixin Yu, and MSUM faculty members, Dr. Ruth Lumb and Dr. Peter Geib, and students who have visited China.
2 to 4 p.m., Comstock Memorial Union
Guest speakers on Doing Business in Latin America include:
- Francisco Monaldi, Visiting Professor of Energy Policy, Harvard University
- Osmel Manzano, Regional Economic Advisor, Inter-American Development Bank
- Eduardo Pablo, Assistant Professor of Finance, MSUM
- Greg Smogard, CEO of 4 Catalysts Consulting and CEO of Leading Edge Investments
4 to 5:30 p.m., Comstock Memorial Union
Panel discussion to include:
- Dean Gorder, Executive Director, North Dakota Trade Office
- Melissa Lage, Chief Marketing Officer, SJE-Rhombus
- Don Aberle, Manager, Titan Outlet Stores
A 5:30 p.m. reception concludes the event.
The event is free and open to the public.
For additional details, visit www.mnstate.edu/cbi/globalinnovation/